Fire Leader (SAN0000B6)
Primary Location United States-California-San Francisco
Posting Date 31-May-18
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression.
Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — developing many of the world's most innovative and sustainable buildings,
transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 13,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design
brings together the best professionals to meet our client's needs.
We are currently seeking an experienced Fire Leader to work in a growing multidisciplinary team engaged in the design of a variety of building projects in our San
Specific responsibilities include:
• Management and resourcing of the SF Fire team.
• Project management and delivery, with an emphasis on high-value consulting and design offerings.
• Business development, with a focus on direct external client commissions and support of internal work related to larger, multi-disciplinary projects. Focus markets
include Healthcare, Property, and S&I.
• Develop and expand the Arup SF Fire Engineering profile as the premium local solution provider: a real-world blend of operational, compliance and performance
based services, creating a unique offering in the Bay Area marketplace.
• Build a diversely-skilled team of fire engineers in the SF office, comprised of members practicing in multiple project sectors, that has strong ties to the AMR Fire team.
• Utilize the Digital tools which the regional Fire skills groups are developing, as a means to augment the SF Fire team’s technical offering.
• Contribute to the Americas Fire Skills Leaders cohort for workload sharing, business development and strategy support.
• Pursue and win external projects in areas such as: code consulting, fire and smoke modelling, risk assessment, and performance based analysis.
• Lead Fire Engineer for multiple internal projects which have a fire engineering scope.
• Project Manager or Director for multiple external fire engineering projects.
The technical expertise and expectation of enhancing the SF office capability and reputation are as follows:
• Substantial knowledge and experience in Fire consulting, and proven success with various types of project delivery techniques.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver projects in different market types, as a sole consulting practice offering and as part of a larger, multi-disciplinary team.
• Substantial experience in delivering successful landmark projects, including the management of multi-disciplinary project teams, through inspired solutions and highly-satisfied
• Demonstrated ability to plan and achieve commercial outcomes on projects.
• Ability to be seen as a trusted advisor or key collaborator by clients.
• Ability to up-sell and cross-sell other offerings to clients.
• Ability to coach junior and mid-level staff on all aspects of fire engineering, commercial management, and business & profile development.
• Track record of code development participation at local, state or national levels (e.g. ICC, NFPA).
• Thought leader in fire protection engineering.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.