Need to Study? Join SFPE in preparing for the P.E. Exam in fire protection with our effective, online review course to help you organize and navigate through the massive amount of reference material. This 14 live 1.5 hour session will be held weekly every Tuesday (2:30-4:00 pm eastern time) and every Thursday (6:30-8:00 pm eastern time) starting on July 8.
- Exam Preparation & Exam Taking Strategies
- Fire Protection Analysis
- Fire Protection Management
- Human Behavior
- Fire Dynamics
- Fire Protection Systems
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Smoke Management
- Explosion Protection
- Passive Building Systems
The exam is scheduled for October 24, 2014. The suggested list of references for the 2014 Principles and Practice of Engineering (P.E.) Exam in fire protection is:
- The SFPE Handbook of Fire Protection Engineering, 4th Edition
- NFPA Fire Protection Handbook, 20 Edition
- NFPA 11: Standard for Low-, Medium-, and High-Expansion Foam, 2010 Edition
- NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems, 2013 Edition
- NFPA 25: Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems, 2011 Edition
- NFPA 30: Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code, 2012 Edition
- NFPA 72: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code, 2013 Edition
- NFPA 101: Life Safety Code, 2012 Edition
Additional educational resources for the fire protection P.E. Exam is the SFPE Reference/Answer Manual for the P.E. Exam in Fire Protection Engineering, 4th Edition (2012) available from the SFPE Bookstore.
For more information about becoming a licensed engineer and the P.E. Exam in fire protection, visit http://www.sfpe.org/LicensingPEExam.aspx. It is one of the most important steps a fire protection engineer can make.